Iannone decides against shoulder



Ducati MotoGP star Andrea Iannone has opted not to have an operation on his injured left shoulder, which had been scheduled for Tuesday.

The Italian dislocated his shoulder during testing at Mugello in May, then again when he fell during a training run in September.

Post-season surgery was announced soon after, but the minimum three month post-op rest period before Iannone could resume training has caused a last minute change of plan.

Iannone's decision was taken after lengthy consultation with Dr. Porcellini. The Italian will instead undergo treatment to strengthen muscles in the affected area, with the aim of being in good shape for the opening test of 2016, at Sepang in early February.

"I have taken my decision in the last few hours," Iannone confirmed. "I didn't have any particular problems with my shoulder in the last few races and the second part of the season was positive when it came to my form. This winter therefore, as well as my usual training, I will do specific activities to strengthen the shoulder.

"Probably in a few years I'll have to have an operation, but I didn't want to run the risk of arriving at the start of the 2016 championship still in convalescence and so I preferred to delay it and focus on winter preparation aimed at strengthening the muscle area around my left shoulder.”

Iannone - who finished fifth and the top Ducati in this year's world championship, including three podiums - will now be present at the factory's final test of this year, at Jerez on November 27.
Read more at 
reff : http://www.crash.net/motogp/
SHARE

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment